Top 10 Visual Distractions
When Listing your home, are you showing it in the best possible light?
Do you know where you are losing a buyer’s interest?
Visual distractions are one of the biggest hindrances to a buyer being able to really see your home and it’s features.
These distractions are:
- Life clutter
- Family memories including photos, artwork on the fridge, awards
- Excessive wall hangings, or having them incorrectly hung.
- Extra TV’s and DVD equipment and Gaming devices, DVD’s in excess.
- Dark or bright paint colors or designs on the walls, including decals, names on doors, stickers on windows
- Excessive plants and Knick knacks
- Many pieces of furniture, not from the same sets
- Excess toys or sports equipment
- Many pieces of lawn furniture and equipment scattered over the yard
- Overstuffed garages and front porches
This is actually more than 10, and don’t forget the seasonal decorations that weren’t taken down all year.
Your buyers eyes are already overwhelmed going into many people’s homes and trying to take it all in.
Consider this: It all becomes a blur after a while and they will forget what they saw. You can stay top of their mind by taking care of all this prior to listing. Then your home is a breath of fresh air for them and they will fall in love with it, because THEY CAN SEE IT!!
Jill offers optional project planning and contractor management, interior painting, fixtures updates, facelift renovations, as part of additional services. She also includes Staging in her listings.
In addition to updates and proper pricing, Staging a home brings in better offers than not staging it. So clean, repair and stage your home, price it correctly with Jill as your REALTOR, and see results fast. You will be glad you did!
Start here with your own copy of Jill’s eBook